Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Phuture Doom - Phuture Doom (2013 NN Promo)


"These guys asked for a review, so they’re about to get one. But that’s certainly not a bad thing as they’ve released a near perfect electronic album that even makes me overlook the dubstep annoyance in “Burn The Knowledge.” Listen guys, I know that dubstep is a very popular way to go in electronic music, but I’ve heard plenty of acts who have been heavily successful without even a hint of it. Even though they have mixed in black metal riffing with it (and I’m not kidding about this one), it just doesn’t serve to do anything more than to make me frown. But please don’t judge this entire album on just one song, because you’ll be doing a great disservice to the act and to yourself. If there’s one thing I know, it’s trance and these guys are quite fucking skilled at it, if I do say so myself. As a matter of fact, “Black Acid Reign” came in right after that horrible annoyance and definitely got me feeling the grooves instantly. You know when an album hits you, because you really feel it inside! Though there might be a few dubstep hints on the track, I have to say that I don’t mind what’s being done here and consider a dark sort of electronic piece, which reminds me of some of the earlier Infected Mushroom stuff (My Mummy Says, for example) and the injection of strange chants (and yes, those same black metal riffs) make this album one of the most unique electronic pieces that I’ve ever heard in my life..."

Read More Here: http://newnoisemagazine.com/album-review-phuture-doom-phuture-doom/

No comments:

Post a Comment